Certified organic green cabbage.
Size and weight of cabbage heads may change weekly.
Price will be adjusted accordingly.
Order by the number of heads you would like.
Coleslaw, stir fry, cabbage rolls, and sauerkraut are some of the many uses of cabbage.
MEXICAN CABBAGE SOUP
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped local carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped poblano or green bell pepper
4 large cloves garlic, minced
8 cups sliced Organic cabbage
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
4 cups water
2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium pinto or black beans, rinsed
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons lime juice
Crumbled queso fresco, nonfat plain Greek yogurt and/or diced avocado for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot (8-quart or larger) over medium heat.
2. Add onions, carrot, celery, poblano (or bell pepper) and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Add cabbage; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 10 minutes more.
4. Add tomato paste, chipotle, cumin and coriander; cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
5. Add broth, water, beans and salt.
6. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
8. Serve garnished with cheese, yogurt and/or avocado, if desired.
Adapted from www.eatingwell.com