Refined Coconut Oil - mild flavor.
Golden Barrel Coconut Oil can be used to replace butter or any other cooking oil in baking, cooking, or frying. It is a traditional favorite for enhancing flavor and texture and for preventing rancidity. Also ideal as a moisturizer right out of the jar or for making smooth soaps that won’t clog pores. Can be applied topically to skin to help with skin irritations.
Coconut oil will be a clear liquid above room temperature. Typically, the oil is white and opaque when below 76 degrees F.
Spicy Sprouted Corn Tortilla Chips
1 12-count bag sprouted corn tortillas
2/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp organic garlic powder
1 tsp Real Salt organic onion salt
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/3 cup melted Golden Barrel coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Cut each tortilla into four equal pieces.
3. Lay cut tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet without touching.
4. Bake at 350º F for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Combine nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion salt, and cayenne powder in a small bowl.
6. Remove chips from oven. In a large bowl, toss baked chips in melted coconut oil, evenly coating them.
7. Sprinkle half the spice mixture onto the chips and toss. Repeat until the all of the spice mix is used and the chips are evenly coated.
8. Enjoy plain or with your favorite dip.
Adapted from www.realsalt.com
Picture from www.pinterest.com