Gerber Whole Rotisserie or Young Roaster is larger than our Whole Fryer.
Sold by the pound
Slow Roasted Rotisserie Chicken
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons pepper
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon Real Salt
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 (4 to 5 pound) Gerber Amish Whole Rotisserie Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil or Minerva Amish Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients for the dry rub.
3. Brush the chicken with oil or butter and rub the dry rub into the chicken. Place whole chicken, breast side down on rack in roasting pan. Pour in 1 cup water into roasting pan bottom. If using cast iron skillet, or placing directly in roasting pan (no rack needed), cook breast side up and do NOT add liquid to pan.
4. Bake until thermometer inserted into thigh reads 165 degrees--about 2 1/2 hours (depends on size of chicken).
5. Let rest 10 minutes and serve or save meat to shred for dishes that call for cooked chicken.
Adapted from www.amindfulmom.com
Located in the heart of the Ohio's Amish Country, Gerber Poultry produces and processes a truly all natural, antibiotic free chicken. The chickens are raised on Amish family farms with plenty of room to roam. Gerber chickens are fed an all vegetarian diet with no hormones or artificial ingredients. The all cereal grain feed is blended with vitamins, minerals and amino acids and vegetable fats to produce a balanced nutritional feed.