Fire up the grill for these delicious, all natural Gerber Amish Farms Chicken Burgers.
Each 2lb box has 8 burgers.
APRICOT BRIE GRILLED CHICKEN BURGERS
8 Tb Minerva Amish Butter
1 large red onion, peeled, cut in half & thinly sliced
1 Tb organic sugar
1 Tb balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper, to taste
4 Gerber Amish Farms Chicken Burgers
4 brioche buns, cut in half
2 cups arugula
4 6 T apricot preserves
4 6 oz. Brie, sliced
Route 11 Potato Chips
1. In medium saute pan heat 4 Tb butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
2. Reduce heat to low, add granulated sugar and balsamic vinegar. Cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until well caramelized. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Prepare grill for medium direct heat.
3. Season frozen burgers with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Place burgers on the grill and cook approximately 8 minutes per side or when cooked to an internal temperature of 170°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
5. Remove from the grill and immediately top with sliced brie. Brie should melt slightly.
6. Lightly butter brioche buns with remaining butter and grill until toasty brown.
7. Build burgers by arranging caramelized onions on bottom half of brioche buns.
8. Top with arugula, burgers with brie, a generous dollop of apricot jam and remaining brioche tops.
9. Serve with Route 11 chips.
Picture and recipe adapted from www.belleandevans.com
Gerber's chickens are fed an all vegetarian diet with no hormones or artificial ingredients. The all cereal grain feed is blended with vitamins, minerals and amino acids and vegetable fats to produce a balanced nutritional feed.