Grill, saute or roast these delicious chicken sausages from Gerber Amish Farms.
5 links per package
Gerber Chicken Bratwurst and Peppers
Nonstick cooking spray
4 medium red, yellow, orange, and/or green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cups grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 lb Gerber Chicken Bratwurst, sliced and already cooked through
1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
Toasted baguette slices
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 15x10-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In the prepared pan combine peppers, onion, and tomatoes.
2. Drizzle with oil and vinegar; toss gently to coat.
3. Roast 30 minutes. Push vegetables to one side, exposing about one-fourth of the pan. Place sausage in pan.
4. Roast 10 to 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through.
5. Sprinkle with oregano. If desired, serve with toasted baguette slices.
Picture and recipe adapted from www.eatingwell.com
Gerber's chickens are fed an all vegetarian diet with no hormones or artificial ingredients. The all cereal grain feed is blended with vitamins, minerals and amino acids and vegetable fats to produce a balanced nutritional feed.